Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The suggested minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to parish, school, Diocese or outreach program in East Tennessee to be used in whatever aspect of our ministry you have chosen.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you give.
- Enjoy the option to make additional gifts to the trust as the Lord allows for additional income and tax benefits.
Download a brochure on this topic: